Healthy Food Donations
The Living Well Partnership has developed a Top 20 Healthy Food Donation Ideas list, and is asking all food drive sponsors to distribute this list to potential donors when running a food drive.
The food that our neighbors receive at the emergency food pantries helps supplement their diet by stretching food dollars when they need it most. And while the food ordered by the pantries through the Food Bank of Central New York is nutritious, much of the donated food is highly processed. Please join us in our initiative to collect more nutrient-rich foods that are essential for good health.
Does your school, church, worksite, civic group, or organization sponsor a food drive? Please consider becoming a Healthy Food Drive Sponsor and take our pledge.
Take the pledge and join these schools, churches, worksites, and organizations who have all pledged to be a Healthy Food Drive Sponsor:
- Seneca Street Elementary School in Oneida
- Oneida Family YMCA School-Age Child Care Program
- Morrisville Community Church
- Bridgeport Food Pantry
- Madison County Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Child Care Council of Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Bridgeport Elementary School
- BRiDGES, Madison County Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, Inc.